08 February, 2008

Psalm Number Emily.

This is the Psalm I wrote when Ben Wilson ran TNT at Beach Mission this year. I've been meaning to post it for a while, but I kept putting it off because I wasn't sure if I wanted to... actually now I'm thinking that I don't want to again.

Okay, I will post it.
Some of it might only make sense to me/some of it is very metaphorical.


Oh Lover, it's been years.
That time so long ago,
I drowned in you.

Oh Lord, how long has it been,
Since I saw your face shining down on me?

I wonder, if you wouldn't like to take my hand;
We'd walk, we'd sing, we'd dance.

Oh God, something rests heavy on my soul.
What weighs heavy is the want, the need to feel you.

I want to dry their tears, Lord;
I wonder if you wouldn't stop me drowning in my own.
I want to see them dance, Lord,
and I wonder, if just this time,
You wouldn't like to hold my hand;
We'd walk, we'd sing, we'd dance.

-


5 comments:

some girl said...

My last four blogs all started with the letter 'P'...

B.C. said...

I like it em. There's not much else to say. I'll get mine up eventually, I'm just slow. Plus, I may have lost it, which will suck.

some girl said...

I hope you haven't lost it, that would suck.

David said...

I likes it. it makes me think of song of songs.
I was going to post mine too, might still do that.

some girl said...

Psalm Posting Party!

Oh my gosh. ALL THE Ps. Why?

I'm deleting this comment. But leaving it here.
Disregard everything I just wrote.


Thank you.
Once when I was little I flipped the bible open to Song of Songs... the part I read freaked me out XD